***After the nationwide devastation of the recent earthquakes, we are relocating our workshop to a community in need in Oaxaca.***
Build a round wall house using war materials to create sustainable homes!
Join us in Ixtepec, Oaxaca for this special 14-day workshop with CalEarth Institute, in conjunction with Permacultura México and Rancho Úha.
Permaculture is a holistic and ecological design system that serves to design or redesign human settlements using ecology as the basis for studying, designing and realizing enduring, functional, sustainable and integrated systems. It is also a social movement that offers positive and concrete solutions to the challenges of social sustainability and is proposed as a tool for all those who want to take responsibility for their own future, the future of their children and the rest of the planet.
In the natural construction, raw materials are used according to the area of the site. Curves and organic shapes are used to create greater structural strength as well as healthier spaces in and out. The construction techniques used harmonize with the natural landscape.
The workshop is focused on teaching as a method within the natural construction the superadobe, developed by the Iranian architect Nader Khalili, founder of the Cal-Earth Institute in Hesperia, California.
Join us for a CalEarth workshop in Mexico this November! This workshop will be hosted in conjunction with Permacultura Mexico and Rancho Uha, it will be 11 days and taught by CalEarth instructor Cade Stephens and apprentice alumni Jose Dib Gomez from Permacultura Mexico.
$9,000 MXN before November 6th, 2017 / $10,000 MXN after November 6th, 2017
- Cade Stephens of CalEarth Institute
- José Dib Gómez of Permacultura México
What should I bring?
- Note-taking materials: notebook, pens, pencil, ruler, etc.
- Comfortable clothing to work in, which can get dirty or possibly tear.
- Boots fit for building (with metal cap is preferable)
- A protective hat for the sun
- Work gloves
- Thermos or bottle to drink fluids
- Toiletries, towel and a blanket if you’re prone to get cold
- Ecological insect repellent (optional)
- If camping, proper gear: camping tent, sleeping bag, etc
- Seeds for exchanging
- Other fun stuff like great music, instruments, camera equipment, any food or drink you’d like to share with your new friends, positive energy and eagerness to learn!
What is included?
- Theoretical and practical exercises
- Information manuals
- Certificate of participation
How do I get there?
We will provide our exact location upon registration. In the meantime, please click here for instructions on how to get to the nearest town of San Luis de la Paz.
How do I register?
- Complete this form: REGISTER NOW
- You will receive an email with further instructions re: payment and arrival